Friday, January 7, 2011

The Code



I  begin with a wonderful gift given to me by a dear friend on my wedding day because it is what we try to live by. I am attributing this to my friend,Paula Olsen. I'm not sure if she wrote it but she did bestow it upon us and I thank her from the bottom of my heart :


                                                       SIMPLY MARRIED
                                             A PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT

                                                
                                                    Be nice, be kind 
                                                  Support me and I you
                                              Let me have my little place
                                                 in this world and please
                                                 make a place for yourself

                                             Let me have my "heyday", then
                                             bring me back to earth gently
                                                Be happy when I do well
                                                      Celebrate with me
                                                   I'll do the same for you

                                                 Love me late at night
                                               and let me love you back
                                             Let's have picnics on our bed
                                                  share secrets, fantasies
                                                     our fears and pain

                                                     Bend and grow with me
                                              This way and that, here and there
                                                   We'll have "couple" friends
                                                      and each have our own
                                                        We'll be together
                                                         and by ourselves

                                                              It's easy
                                                   if we don't make it hard
                                                         Let's agree that
                                                              we'll be
                                                          simply married

No comments: